Your load wheels are worn?
Here are step-by-step instructions how to replace them.
It's easier than you might think!
Removal of worn load wheels
- Raise forks to full lift height.
- Turn the jack upside down. Here is a video that shows you how to safely turn the jack.
- Remove the load wheel axle fastener using two 3/4" wrenches (LCU) or a 3/8" Allen wrench (CF).
- Slide the load wheel axle out. When removing a badly rusted or damaged axle use a 1/2" pin punch and hammer to drive the axle out.
Installation of the new wheels
- Install sleeve into load wheel bearing and position washers on sleeve - one on each side of the wheel.
- Place load wheel, sleeve, and washers inside bracket assembly in line with holes in the bracket with sleeve.
- Insert axle through bracket, securing load wheel. Install lock nut and tighten. Same on the other fork.
Need to order new load wheels? We have a wide selection of different material wheels for most brands of pallet jacks.
And if you need new steer wheels too, order the pre-packaged wheel kits: